Wednesday, January 17, 2007

smiling update


he looks so husky here!


beautiful smile


i asked diedre to smile for the camera, and did she ever!


a knowing look


toddler incognito

VIDEO: Diedre's Freestyle Singing

now poor diedre is still struggling (and poor mom is so sad and guilty) with sharing her parents time with ezekiel.

she yells "no, my mommy" or runs in front of me on my way to pick up a crying ezekiel and says in a sweet voice "hug?" then when i bend down for the hug she says "up."

she's a smart cookie. getting to me first.

my heart has been aching for her. i want to spend time with her but have to tend to ezekiel. i hate how i find myself saying "no, i can't right now. ezekiel is crying...or has to eat...or needs his bum changed." i need some other ways to communicate to her about what i need to do for ezekiel. maybe some ways to include her like "come help me change his diaper." or "go get a book for us to read while i feed ezekiel."

any other ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was SO hard for me too. I try to make sure that when Elisabeth is napping that I spend at least a few minutes with Davey. We also try to plan Davey and Momma time so he knows he's still special. Elisabeth has a two hour nap most days which I usually use for getting things around the house accomplished. Sometimes we'll go outside and play or if Andrew's home go for breakfast or a walk just the two of us. Housework just has to wait sometimes!!

The Weckstroms said...

Hi Amanda,
I wish I could offer you some words of wisdom, but I haven't had to deal with sibling rivalry yet. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you, and praying for you. Also, thanks for the encouraging comments you've left on my blog...it's nice to know someone cares! Carla :)

Jamie said...

I totally understand your frustration! Micah likes to sometimes stand on a chair and watch while I change Keziah, but he still throws a lot of tantrums while I feed her - not necessarily because he wants me to stop, but he just cries for a toy or a snack or whatever... Usually I just try to distract him by talking to him, asking him questions, telling him to look at birds out the window, etc. And I try to include him when I'm playing with Keziah on the floor - get him to tickle her or show me her ears. You've probably tried all of these things already, but just thought I'd throw it out there! It's a hard stage and I definitely have that same guilty feeling. I feel guilty about Keziah too since I just leave her in the swing or bouncy chair far more often than I did with Micah. Sometimes I feel like I barely know her yet!

Anyway, I'm sure it will all get better. Hang in there with me!

K & G said...

I must say, that video of Diedre singing is SOOO CUTE!! :)