Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happy Birthday Mommy


salmon family enjoying an evening out at Washington Avenue Grill for my 27th birthday.

well, now that i'm a new mom, my birthday evening was really not about me. sure, i got the free meal but diedre was getting all the attention. we began the evening with her needing a good feeding. i was hoping it would be a dimly lit restaurant but no, it was very bright at 7pm when we got there. we were seated in the middle of the restaurant. many people had seen our beautiful baby as we came in so we were in no way able to lay low. i was blushing, but i just fed her regardless. she's a quick feeder anyway so it was only 15 minutes of weirdness...


diedre giving tribute to her mommy...or just playing with her tongue. she was being so cute after her dinner.


she was starting to get more and more tired...and then she got fussy.

there was live music (the musician came over and told us how beautiful she is) and it was quite loud. it was a challenge trying to get her to sleep in that environment. a grandma at the next table said "i'll hold her if you'll let me so you can get something to eat." and reached her arms out...i passed my baby over and quickly ate my Coho Salmon with orange sauce. then i took her back and helped her go to sleep.


praying? maybe, well she was asleep and doing really well. we ate our dessert (peanut butter pie was soooo yummy and derek had chocolate fondue) and then headed over to andrew and heathers where i was given my birthday gift (from derek, andrew & heather, and mom & dad salmon).


my ipod mini
its a fun blue colour. very light weight and holds 1000 songs. i'm excited to get it all ready to go (but being a new mom, it takes alot of time to organize things because you gotta do stuff quickly while baby sleeps). it will be great to use to go on walks with diedre since she always sleeps. how fun! thanks for that!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

hey! it looks like you sat at the exact same table that Alf and I did when we were there!
Glad you were able to get out and celebrate as a family :)

Cara said...

I love the 3rd picture of this blog...you can see Diedre's personality...she is so precious and growing up beautifully. You look great too, Amanda. It's it is interesting how babies atract sooo much attention eh? I mean, people would stop me on walks to look at her. At one point, early on, I was so proud of her too, that I'd have her little shade down so people could see her:)