Monday, September 27, 2004

Miles and Salmon Baby

Miles Grey is so cute. I love spending time with him and his mom and dad. It was really nice to have our parents around for 2 weeks, we did lots of visiting and took many pictures.

My pregnancy is going well, I can eat pretty normally now but still have to make sure to not wait too long. My belly is "popping" and I'm definitely more obviously pregnant now at 18 and 4/7ths pregnant ;0)

Derek, Richard and Guy put laminate flooring in the livingroom and baby room which looks awesome! Its sooo much cleaner, we just need to get some area rugs now to fill in the room a bit.

I'm in nesting mode, big time, and poor Derek is being good at taking all my home improvement requests. He is going to build a pen for Sparky outside so that he can stay out when we are out (and not get into the kitchen...one day, he emptied an entire, 20lb bag of flour all over the kitchen floor...not so cool).

Mom and Richard bought us a baby bassinet and we bought a jolly jumper and a "bouncer" (a little chair with lots of doo-dads to keep the baby occupied).

heather has had 2 baby showers now (in a row, last weekend) and got lots of sleepers and fun toys for Miles. andrew and heather have been TIRED but some days are good and they get the rest they need. It definitely has woken me up to the reality of parenting...and scared me of course. I just shared with someone today, how i've always been the kind of person who wants to move onto the next stage of life (ie. on my honeymoon to mexico, wanting to get home and set up house). But i'm learning...with pregnancy i definitely dont want it to be over yet, its still so unbelievable, and i want to take the next four months to sleep before entering the sleep depravation time :D

No comments: